Friday, May 15, 2009

Thanksgiving Point Photowalk

We had such a fun night at Thanksgiving Point last night. Our family LOVES that place! We go about once a week if we can!

Here are some pics: BTW, I post all of my pictures straight out of the camera. I never photoshop any of my pictures for the photography group/class. BUT... just so you know, I almost always photoshop any other pictures. Is anyone interested in having a photoshop class???

I was playing with aperture with these two.

f2.8, 1/1250s, ISO 100 f14, 1/80s, ISO 200

Trying different angles.

We were having so much fun playing with shutter speed. It was a lot more fun than shooting my garden hose in the front yard! Stephanie and Christie shot some amazing pics! Since I didn't bring my tripod, I didn't dare go for the really long shutter speeds.

1/30s, f22, ISO 100


1/2500s, f2.8 ISO 100

What we were really doing..... trying to keep our kids from falling in the water. :)
I love pictures that tell a story. My girls love to make handprints with the water. So cute. Someday those handprints will just keep getting bigger until they lose interest in making them anymore. :(
Stephanie and her hubby taking pictures. You can see her pictures below. Way to go! She's owned her camera for about 2 weeks and has learned what has taken me years to learn!
I was trying to see how many different ways I could shoot the same flower. Here are two of the pictures.
Christie sitting in the Secret Garden.
I was so worried that pigeon was going to drop a bomb on me!

A really close-up picture.
What our little boy was LOVING!!!
I look forward to our next photowalk!!

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

It really helps when you have someone nice (and willing) to share their knowledge! Thanks again Julie, that was a fun "field trip" for all of us!